LIFE COACHING IS DIFFERENT FROM THERAPY.
Definition of Coaching
An ongoing professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, their careers, businesses, or organizations. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.
Definition of Therapy
The psychological treatment of mental, emotional, and/or nervous disorder.
- Clients who are having difficulty functioning or are dealing with observable dysfunctions, i.e., depression, anxiety, addictions, etc.
- Clients dealing with current traumas or old pain and issues.
- Holds mandatory face-to-face sessions.
- Does not give advice or tell patient what to do.
- Helps with coping mechanisms to resolve old pain.
- Helps correct cognitive disorders.
- Teaches how to be less reactive by changing behaviors.
- Listens and reflects.
- Strong boundaries, involving legal and ethical limits and guidelines.
- Client is not allowed to know therapist personally.
- Relationship totally related to client issues.
- Response required to client emergencies.
- Client payment is made after each session; paid by client or insurance filed by therapist for third-party payment.
- Clients who have healthy lives and are designing their future based on a strong personal foundation.Clients who want more joy in life, who wish to double their income, get the most out of business or life pursuits, etc.
- Holds sessions by telephone, in office, or on-line.
- Gives advice in many forms, but only within their expertise. (Refers out for therapy.)
- Introduces tools and new skills to assist client to achieve selected goals.
- Helps clarify client’s values, matching those values to goals.
- Listens, reflects, and problem-solves.
- Does not allow for large amounts of negative time.
- Coach and client are equal partners in the process.
- Coach and client share information.
- High level of ethics in place. Stated boundaries.
- No emergencies.
- Priced by the month, payment is made in advance for the month, not by the call or visit.
- Coach does not file for insurance.
Would you like to talk? Please call me at 314-276-0423 or click here to contact me to set up a complimentary meeting.